Original Compositions Inspired by Classic Poetry
Poetry has a rhythm and expression to it, much like music. Each piece in this collection is a musical expression of the images and thoughts created by remarkable poets. Poetry to Carl Sandburg was “the capture of a picture, a song, or a flair, in a deliberate prism of words.” In the same manner, I these pieces capture the metric qualities and mood of the poetry and express them in the rhythms, harmonies and timbre of the music. Just as these poems reflect many of nature's different moods, this collection reflects many musical moods, as well. Whatever your choice–whether reflective and thoughtful or playful and joyous–the poetry will enhance the expression of the music, and the music will enhance the expression of the music, and the music will enhance the beauty of each poem.
• Day Is Done The (by Henry W Longfellow)
• Years At The Spring The (by Robert Browning)
• Rain In Summer (by Henry W Longfellow)
• My Hearts In The Highlands (by Robert Burns)
• North Wind In October (by Robert S Bridges)