Myklas Music Press was highly regarded for its extensive catalogue of quality elementary and intermediate supplemental piano music. The pieces that are included in Myklas Contest Winners represent Myklas's most popular and effective solos drawn from festival and contest lists.
Divided into four graded collections, outstanding and time-tested solos are made available again by Rhonda Bennett, Ronald Bennett, Rosemary Barrett Byers, Lynne Cox, Anne Shannon Demarest, Mary Hauber, Ernest Kramer, Joyce Schatz Pease, Ruth Perdew, John Robert Poe, Catherine Rollin, Mike Springer, Robert D. Vandall, and Judy East Wells.
Book 4 includes pieces appropriate for late intermediate students. Challenges include expanded use of chords and inversions, changing meter, sixteenth notes, independence between the hands, and more difficult key signatures.
• Ballet Beauties (by Catherine Rollin)
• Crystal Snowflakes (by Ernest Kramer)
• Festival Bells (by Judy East Wells)
• On the Slopes (by Ronald Bennett)
• Ovation No. 2 (by Robert D. Vandall)
• Perpetual Motion II (by Robert D. Vandall)
• Spooky Blues (by Mike Springer)
• Summer Smoke (by Catherine Rollin)
• Tarantella Espagnole (by Rosemary Barrett Byers)
• Walk It Slow (by Judy East Wells)
There are no reviews yet.