This magical choral fantasy features seven traditional carols, a brilliant keyboard accompaniment, and an incredible orchestration also written by Mark Hayes. Add solos, duets, and a big, bold ending, and you have a distinctive choice for seasonal programming.
• Masters in This Hall (Traditional French melody | Text: William Morris)
• I Saw Three Ships (Traditional English carol)
• Sussex Carol (Traditional English carol)
• How Far is it to Bethlehem? (Traditional French tune, “Stowey” | Text: Frances Alice Chesterson)
• O Little Town of Bethlehem (Music: Lewis Redner | Text: Phillips Brooks)
• What Star is This? (“Puer Nobis Nascitur”, traditional 15th c. melody, adapted by Michael Praetorius | Text: Charles Coffin, trans. John Chandler)
Bible Reference: Isaiah 9:2–7, Matthew 1:18, Matthew 2:1–12, Luke 2:1–20